Digitization projects and collections provide a unique opportunity to search and view primary documents. The following are a selection of digital collections.
Library of Congress - United States digitization project
- American Memory Project is a gateway to primary source materials relating to the history and culture of the United States. The site offers more than 9 million digital items from over 100 historical collections. Original formats include manuscripts, prints, photographs, posters, maps, sound recordings, motion pictures, books, pamphlets, and sheet music.
Includes links to State digital projects
- Global Gateway: Current digitized primary documents and other treasures include primary document with countries who share a border with the United States including Russia and Spain
- AudioVisual Conservation at the Library of Congress
Minnesota digitization projects:
AgEcon digital repository with full-text journal articles and working papers in agriculture and applied economics including the environment, nutrition and more
Concordia, Minnesota resources:
ARTstor - Concordia restricted
JSTOR - Concordia restricted
Social and Cultural History: Letters and Diaries - Concordia restricted
Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000 - Concordia restricted
Tools & Lesson plans
Contentdm links - search digital collection by category and organization
MORE digitization projects and collections
- Alliance Memory project Rodman Public Library, et al from Alliance, Ohio. Includes historic photographs of Alliance, Taylorcraft Airplanes and Morgan Engineering, oral history recordings and transcriptions from the 1960s and 1970s and video interviews of World War II veterans who live at Copeland Oaks, a retirement community in nearby Sebring, Ohio.
- Univeristy of Colorado Digital Library includes Colorado digitized documents, educator resources, lesson plans and other digitized resources collections.
- Cornell Digital Library Collections include Historic Monographs Collection, Historic Math Book Collection, New York State Historical Literature, International Women's Periodicals, Ezra Cornell Papers, Witchcraft Collection, KMODDL e-book Collection, Other Digital Collections
- eScholarship University of California Digital repository
- Goettingen Digitalisierungs-Zentrum includes digital Goettingen Gutenberg Bible
- GoogleBook - book search for digitized books. Some are free.
- Gutenberg-e Columbia University Press Open Access books
- Haiti Trust Digital Library - Digital Books
- Internet Archive - includes the wayback machine
- Linus Pauling research notebooks 20th century scientist, 46 research notebooks.
- Milwaukee Neighborhoods: Photos and Maps 1885-1992 presents images of Milwaukee neighborhoods. The digital collection provides a visual documentation of the development of the city of Milwaukee from the mid-1880s to the early 1990s.
- NYPL Digital Gallery has over 275,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of The New York Public Library, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and photographs, illustrated books, printed ephemera, and more."
- OAIster is a catalog of Open-Archive digital resources. Look for the URL in the catalog records, some are free, but not all.
- Open Content Alliance - public domain digitized books. All content in OCA will be searchable with Yahoo and content stored by OCA.
- REALIA Project publishes faculty-reviewed media for the teaching and study of modern languages and cultures. The focus of the REALIA Project is realia: Materials which convey the everyday life of different cultures.
- Saskia Archive art history images Scholar Resource limited images available for free.
- University of Michigan Text Initiative - collection sizes, collections available to Internet community includes Making of America, bibles, math collections, collected works of Lincoln, prose, Book of Mormon, Medieval review, Garden and Forest, and much more.
- Walla Walla, and Umatilla Tribes - University of Oregon Libraries. "Major Lee Moorhouse of Pendleton, Oregon was an Indian Agent for the Umatilla Indian Reservation and a photographer. From 1888 to 1916 he produced over 9,000 images which document urban, rural, and Native American life in the Columbia Basin, and particularly Umatilla County, Oregon."
- Women Working, 1870-1930 - Harvard University Library Open Collection Program aims to increase availability and use of historical resources from the Harvard libraries, archives and museums.
Maintained by Theresa Borchert. Last update 01-11-2013
Send comments or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carl B. Ylvisaker Library, Concordia College, Moorhead,Minnesota
Concordia's disclaimer in regard to this personal home page material